Wednesday, October 12, 2011


I just finished my new book- Kiln Crafting: Hot Tips for Fusing and Slumping – Collection 1

I’ve been getting some good feedback from those have already had a chance to read it.

"A must read for anyone into glass fusing." Michele Berry

“Well written and well put together.” Henry Bettendorf

“Wow...I learned allot of very useful straight forward stuff! It's great!” Betsy Vailin

“A book that you can refer to w/o dredging through and highlighting what you may need in the future.” Jim Branden

I have written over 50 Kiln Crafting columns for Stained Glass News since 1992. This is a collection of some of those information packed articles. This first book has 16 of those first articles that I updated with new current information, charts and over 80 color photos. Then I added three new articles to fill in some of the holes. I was surprised by how much of the old information is still relevant. Because no one had computer controllers back then I did some major revamping on firing kilns and added some key information on writing a kiln firing program. I cover a lot of different subjects and offer tips on everything from how to get the most out of mini kilns to dichroic glass to how to keep your glass from breaking in a kiln to mold materials and selecting the right mold for a particular project. I tried to make it fun to read and did my best to make complex techniques easy to understand. My goal was to present some of the core information and obscure tricks that many teachers and books have left out so we all can become better fusers. I hope you enjoy it. You can pick up a copy at www.fusionheadquarters.com/

No comments: