Monday, February 20, 2012

All To Real


I just stopped working on the lyrics to a new song called “Watching the Moon Go Down” which talks about how a petty crime can get hard time in prison but if you steal a million homes you walk away Scott free. I thought I’d check my email before I headed home and I found this. It is a reply from a keyboard player I invited to my Blue Berry Jam Session.

“Hi Gil, Thanks for thinking of me again. If you have a keyboard, I think it is possible that I could make it, although I'm not sure I could make it back, gas wise. Things are so tight now but there may be a break, perhaps thanks to this unsolicited article about me: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/pat-lamarche/music-ending-for-homeless_b_1282373.html
The author is kind, but I'm humbled by the pseudonym she gave me. While you are there you'll see links to 3 original compositions I hope you might like.”

Check out the link. It is a touching story. His music is awesome. This guy has played with Merle Haggard, Freddy Fender, Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Jr., and Willie Nelson just to name drop a few – we will be taking a collection at the jam for him.

Come out Thursday. I hope he can join us.

No comments: